Grand Theft Auto VI Cars and Animals Must Be Discovered First

Vlad

The last piece of information posted by Nima on X that is worth discussing revolves around the discovery/tracking system. The PS Dev posted on his account that: "Vehicles/Animal will have a discovery/tracking system similar to the one in RDR2. Each vehicle becomes part of your discovery section once you enter it. Discovering a certain number of vehicles in one class will unlock new modifications for that specific vehicle class."

gta-6-discovery-system.jpg

As you can see, this post comes with many details, especially for vehicles. The discovery system in RDR 2 is not new, and since we have a lot of animals in GTA 6, it makes sense for Rockstar to use it. What is intriguing in this post, however, is that the same system is used for cars, and by finding specific cars from a class (SUVs, for example), you unlock modifications. 

Now, the obvious question here is what kind of modifications? Visual only? Or are we going to be able to change performance parts as well? What do you guys think?

A new vehicle system it's gonna be insane! In GTA V's story mode, vehicle ownership was quite limited, allowing you to own only one car, which was a bit disappointing. Now, I can finally feed my collecting addiction with the cars in GTA 6.

1 hour ago, Vlad said:

Interesting. So, what happens to GTA 6 Online? Assuming it exists? 

I think they might keep the vehicle system similar to GTA 5 Online, but with more customization options. Perhaps these extra customization choices will be accessible only after you've unlocked them in the story.

4 hours ago, Sergiu said:

A new vehicle system it's gonna be insane! In GTA V's story mode, vehicle ownership was quite limited, allowing you to own only one car, which was a bit disappointing. Now, I can finally feed my collecting addiction with the cars in GTA 6.

Based on the tweet, it seems unlikely that they will introduce a new vehicle system, but I'm hopeful they might consider it. It's possible they'll focus on a progression system that enables unlocking additional customization options for your purchased cars.