Grand Theft Auto 6 Game Map Might Evolve Over Time

Vlad

Out of all the details posted by PS Dev Nima on X (Twitter), this one is definitely the most intriguing. According to him, the GTA 6 map evolves over time. 

gta-6-tools.jpg.01bedbb86fc0a038b5ef5a471b0d34d0.jpg

I am really curious about what you guys think about this one because it implies a lot of things and makes room for many questions. The first question I have right now is: evolves based on what? Actions? Decisions? If decisions get to play a role in the game, we are actually moving to a new GTA era. 

I am also wondering how a map could evolve. Environments, yes (Dying Light 2, for example), but the whole map? I mean, can a mountain appear out of nowhere? Or a river?  🤨

I think Nima was trying to say that the Rockstar Games developers are going to keep updating the game's map with new cities and areas regularly, not just missions and activities. How awesome would that be!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vlad said:

Interesting. So, where would GTA Online fit in this ever-evolving world? 

I believe that's the idea. This feature is made specifically for GTA Online to allow for more business models, properties, or activities to be added though DLCs (like in GTA 5 Online). 

In GTA 5 Online, the developers have been using the same map of Los Santos for a while now (10+ years), continuously adding new content. However, it can feel a bit restrictive at times. Providing an "upgradable" map could offer Rockstar Games developers more creative freedom for GTA 6 Online.

• Like 1