Disturbed The Sound Of Silence. Yay Or Nay?

Sergiu

Disturbed's cover of "The Sound of Silence" carries a multifaceted message, influenced by both the original Simon & Garfunkel song and the band's own interpretation.

The original song, written by Paul Simon in the 1960s, explores themes of isolation and difficulty connecting with others on a deeper level. Its title captures the paradoxical feeling of "silence" being overwhelming in a crowd. Disturbed makes the song heavier and more emotional, highlighting the internal struggles and anxieties of feeling unheard and misunderstood. David Draiman's powerful vocals express anguish and a longing for connection.

What do you think about the song? It gives me chills every time I'm listening to it.

I might be wrong, but as far as I know, the version played by Disturbed gained exposure after the song was featured in the first Gears of War 4 Official Trailer.

That's when this version became viral. It is great, nonetheless. 

2 hours ago, Psy said:

I might be wrong, but as far as I know, the version played by Disturbed gained exposure after the song was featured in the first Gears of War 4 Official Trailer.

That's when this version became viral. It is great, nonetheless. 

Hey, that's amazing! I had no idea!

• Vlad changed the title to Disturbed The Sound Of Silence. Yay Or Nay?